March 19, 2009

Hedonism with a Heart!

If you know me- even a little- you’ll know that I cannot participate in all of this self-indulgence without doing something for humanity and the planet.

I live and love to serve. I always have. While I explore the country, I am going to leave each state relaxed and well-nourished… but that’s not all. I am also committing to participate in at least one

community service project at every stop. This will require a lot of fore planning, but if I can research the best spa and food in the city, I can certainly find a place to help feed the homeless or build a home. I can help to “renew America’s promise” while traveling America!

We all remember this powerful AP image after Katrina... I am looking forward to assisting the Katrina survivors in Louisiana, as well as other Americans in need during my adventure.

One another note, my beloved spa industry is one of the largest consumers- and many say “wasters”- of water in the world. That’s almost disheartening, but since I fully believe that the nurturing and self-care that spa services provide is essential to living a balanced life, I will not back down from this challenge... no arm twisting necessary. However, I am going to begin to invest in
Terra Pass projects with each state visit, so that I can offset my pedicured carbon footprint. You won’t get an ounce of guilt out of me! I’ll be sure to post how it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment